Please note the announcement below from Highways England:
We will be replacing the expansion joints of the bridge which carries the M3 motorway over the railway line near junction 11 (Winchester). This work will strengthen the bridge and keep it safe for road users.
Due to the extensive work required, and taking into consideration traffic flows on the M3 and the impact to the Winchester area, work is planned to take place over the following weekends from 9pm on the Friday through to 6am on the Monday:
- Friday 25 through to Monday 28 October 2019
- Friday 1 through to Monday 4 November 2019
- Friday 8 through to Monday 11 November 2019
- Friday 15 through to Monday 18 November 2019
- Friday 22 through to Monday 25 November 2019
- Friday 29 November through to Monday 2 December 2019 (contingency weekend only)
- Friday 10 through to Monday 13 January 2020 (contingency weekend only)
During these weekend periods lane closures will be in place on both the M3 northbound and southbound carriageways, between junction 11 and junction 10.
In addition, during the weekend of 25-28 October we will need to close the northbound exit slip road at junction 11. Traffic will be diverted north to junction 10, along the A31 link road beneath the bridge to access the M3, returning to junction 11 via the southbound carriageway.
These lane closures will reduce capacity along the M3 and cause delays during these weekend periods. We therefore advise all road users to plan their journeys in advance.
Please be aware these works have been carefully programmed but are subject to change due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
We would like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience or disruption caused during our work; if you have any questions, or if you’d like to know about our work please contact us on 0300 123 5000 or email email@example.com