This event will take place at 6pm on Saturday 7 December. For more details click on the link:
Nominations are now open for the 2019 Sports Awards, on behalf of the Winchester District Sport & Physical Activity Alliance (SPAA) and Winchester City Council.
There are 11 categories to select from, entries can be made online by visiting www.winchester.gov.uk/sport/sports-awards-2019 and completing the online nomination forms. Alternatively you can download a copy of the relevant category and post it to the Winchester City Council Offices. Nominations close on 3 January 2029.
Local clubs, organisations and residents will also be asked to nominate the best of the District’s sporting achievements which will culminate in an exciting evening of awards set to take place on Thursday 6 February 2020.
If you have any questions please contact Calum Drummond, Sports Development Manager on email@example.com or 01962 848329.
A new campaign, Use the Right Service, which helps people access the correct NHS service, has been launched across south west Hampshire and Southampton.
Use the Right Service promotes alternatives to A&E for non-emergencies, such as home care, pharmacies, 111 and Urgent Treatment Centres (UTCs), and is designed to support the reduction of pressure on A&E at Southampton General Hospital.
Over the coming months the NHS will be promoting our integrated, cross partner campaign, via radio advertising on Heart FM and Smooth FM, digital and social media updates, street and transport advertising, as well as spreading the message through the distribution channels of local partners, such as GPs, councils, schools, voluntary organisations and community centres.
Use the Right Service has its own website – https://usetherightservice.com/– and has been formed through a collaboration of 10 partners across the region:
- Care UK
- Hampshire County Council
- Partnering Health Limited (PHL)
- Solent NHS Trust
- South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Southampton City Clinical Commissioning Group
- Southampton City Council
- Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
- West Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group
Please note the following update from Highways England:
Due to adverse weather conditions the work to replace the expansion joints on the M3 at Winchester will now take place over the following weekends:
- Friday 8 through to Monday 11 November – lane closures on the M3 northbound and southbound carriageways and a weekend closure of the northbound exit slip road at junction 11
- Friday 15 through to Monday 18 November – lane closures on the M3 northbound and southbound carriageways and a weekend closure of the northbound exit slip road at junction 11
- Friday 22 through to Monday 25 November – lane closures on the M3 northbound and southbound carriageways and a weekend closure of the northbound exit slip road at junction 11
- Friday 29 November through to 2 December – lane closures on the M3 northbound and southbound carriageways and a weekend closure of the northbound exit slip road at junction 11
- Friday 6 December through to Monday 9 December – lane closures on the M3 northbound and southbound carriageways
- Friday 13 December through to Monday 16 December – lane closures on the M3 northbound and southbound carriagewaysIn addition, the M3 northbound carriageway between junction 12 and junction 9, and the M3 southbound carriageway between junction 9 and junction 11 will be closed overnight on the following dates:
- Friday 8 November
- Sunday 10 November
- Friday 15 November
- Sunday 17 November
- Friday 22 November
- Saturday 23 November
- Sunday 24 November
- Friday 29 November
- Saturday 30 November
- Sunday 1 DecemberDuring the closures clearly signed diversions will be in place.Please accept our apologies for the change to the programme.
Highways England has opened a public consultation about variable speed limit proposals for this scheme. To find out how to give them your views, please visit the scheme web page.
The Council is undertaking a programme of bench renovation: this means that at times some benches in the parish will be missing or unusable due to the works.
Update 18th Oct: the work has now begun. One bench has already been removed and cleaned and will hopefully be refitted in the next few days
Please note the announcement below from Highways England:
We will be replacing the expansion joints of the bridge which carries the M3 motorway over the railway line near junction 11 (Winchester). This work will strengthen the bridge and keep it safe for road users.
Due to the extensive work required, and taking into consideration traffic flows on the M3 and the impact to the Winchester area, work is planned to take place over the following weekends from 9pm on the Friday through to 6am on the Monday:
- Friday 25 through to Monday 28 October 2019
- Friday 1 through to Monday 4 November 2019
- Friday 8 through to Monday 11 November 2019
- Friday 15 through to Monday 18 November 2019
- Friday 22 through to Monday 25 November 2019
- Friday 29 November through to Monday 2 December 2019 (contingency weekend only)
- Friday 10 through to Monday 13 January 2020 (contingency weekend only)
During these weekend periods lane closures will be in place on both the M3 northbound and southbound carriageways, between junction 11 and junction 10.
In addition, during the weekend of 25-28 October we will need to close the northbound exit slip road at junction 11. Traffic will be diverted north to junction 10, along the A31 link road beneath the bridge to access the M3, returning to junction 11 via the southbound carriageway.
These lane closures will reduce capacity along the M3 and cause delays during these weekend periods. We therefore advise all road users to plan their journeys in advance.
Please be aware these works have been carefully programmed but are subject to change due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
We would like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience or disruption caused during our work; if you have any questions, or if you’d like to know about our work please contact us on 0300 123 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Councillors have not received any notification on the change of collection day which starts next week but by entering your address on the following website you can get your bin collection day and download a calendar: